I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life. Dr.Seuss

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bread and water


Bread and water:  the most minimal meal possible for people to survive.
This idiom sounds a bit harsh now because  many people have nothing but water due to severe flooding in many countries in central Europe and Asia these days.  I have difficulties  to see and to hear heartbreaking stories of flood victims on television. This drawing of an old woman with a loaf of bread  is my interpretation of  the flash floods in Czech republic. There are many people that have not been insured and those lost all they had.  Just EVERY THINGS. Can you imagine that?

I named my drawing Bread and Water : that's all what the victims have now.  ( unfortunately in other affected countries they have only water, but not potable ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment