I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life. Dr.Seuss

Sunday, May 8, 2011

IF: beginner




Finely there it was, the first school day in primary school.

With my school bag, as shown in the picture, full of books, a sandwich and an apple I stepped on the school playground.

I remember I have got a bright new white shoes for this occasion. (something like this) I hated that. Dazzling shiny white shoes -and as boy- it was not done. I kicked in every single stone I found on the way to the school. My mom was (as she told me when I grew up) not amused. But it is not the end of the story. I was convinced that the "aging process " of my shoes was not going fast enough.
So I got in between the bushes in the park near the school with the words "I will stay here if I have to use those shoes".
I was firmly convinced that I'm right and I knew that my mom will not destroy her new clothes in the thorny bushes..……
………
…………
I won!!!
.........

But now, years later, we can still laugh about it. My mom kept also this little painting of the school bag. I painted this one when I was teenager. I did , however, some  little adjustments now and added my hand. 
The hand of the beginner.

19 comments:

  1. What a nice story and a nice image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. a boy stubborn, disobedient and strong character.
    Well with that kind of shoes we would all do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool bag. But is that a TV antenna on top of the "roof"? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny story :-) I like your bag, I can imagine a whole world in there, good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome bag!!!! :D heheh, is this the new collection from you? 'cos i eagerly anticipate the release of your new collections, and people will rush out to buy the latest art-is-jokken bag the day it comes out.

    i'm talking about high fashion here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whats wrong with the shoes??????

    ReplyDelete
  7. (still talking about high fashion here)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot for all your comments!

    @elqueacechaenelumbral: you understand me, thanks!!

    @dosankodebbie : yes, it is indeed a antenna to watch school TV!! In that time there was no internet or computers!!

    @Nelleke, Wiccan Witch: so, you like my bag, don't you? I feel very honored !

    @Wiccan Witch: are you talking about Haute couture? do you mean the bag or the shoes which caused my childhood trauma? :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great story :o) and great post> Perfect for the theme :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The idea is that every ending is a beginning.
    Obviously, all beginnings are scary to the beginner.
    (((Please make it known to WW when you finish your collection of bags. (she can buy one that goes with the color of his broom)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we all did that at some point in our lives... stand our ground and BEGIN to be our independent selves...
    School felt heavy at times, much like that bag.
    nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great story! And it's so cool that you still have the painting of the bag. Did you keep that bag all through school?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to elqueacechaenelumbral, Richard and Coreopsis for your words!!!!
    @Coreopsis: I really do not know exactly , but I think I use it also in my secondary school !! I guess not all the time, but I remember it was "very cool" !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I almost missed this one. Reminds me of my first day at school.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to elqueacechaenelumbral, Richard and Coreopsis for your words!!!!
    @Coreopsis: I really do not know exactly , but I think I use it also in my secondary school !! I guess not all the time, but I remember it was "very cool" !

    @David: thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete