I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life. Dr.Seuss

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bumble Bee update 2


Everyone is deeply saddened on the sudden passing of my bumble bee. BB was a great boss and all of his hive-staff who worked for him thought the world of him and will miss him very much. I know this is a difficult time for us, however, if it is any consolation, BB was very much admired and respected, and I can truly say that I have never heard an unkind word buzzed about him. He always worked tirelessly to build the colony, collect nectar for the young and also to provide protection for the colony.

Please extend my deepest sympathy to his wonderful family. May you all find the strength and courage to get through the days ahead.

Our thoughts will be with you, BB


Yesterday evening I witnessed something very impressive: death of my bumble bee. He was fighting against his inevitable end, but he lost the fight. It took about 2 minutes of strong buzzing, nervous flying, crawling on the terrace in my garden and than.... trying to creep under the floral petals  falling from the rose bush. 

9 comments:

  1. R.I.P., B.B. {sob}

    On a happier note, I loved your field notes on my peas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Requiescat in pace
    caelum omnes tuas
    Donec miss apibus tristitia moriatur

    ReplyDelete
  3. We officiate at a requiem mass.
    but I fear that the buzz of the bees not hear the sermon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    BBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

    BBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    BBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    BBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    BBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    BBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    bees away from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh :'(

    Please accept my sincere condolences on the death of BB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely and generous comments!!!

    ReplyDelete