I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life. Dr.Seuss

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Landscape with some stones


Again one of mine not consistent or doesn't - say - something - interesting posts. Most artichokes are not great writers, and their ability to engage the reader is seriously lacking in most vegetable blogs. 
This is a pencil attempt - as many times before - to examine landscape through the eyes of Cynara scolymus. 
You can say: Everything Old is New Again. Sometimes a single quote of a wise man is  enough  to start an imaginary journey through the landscape that develops in front of me and keeps me fascinating for unlimited time period.... until I fall asleep... ( but  often it goes on in my dreams...) 
In this case words of Henry David Thoreau are  hunting me for a while.... Period.



“The finest workers in stone are not copper or steel tools, but the gentle touches of air and water working at their leisure with a liberal allowance of time.”

Henry David Thoreau

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful pencil image,
    accompanied by a beautiful quotation.
    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible. I would give anything to draw that well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rick!

    @ Lisa: thank you so much! I have seen your comment on my phone but now it seems to be disappeared ...I do not see it in the comments. Glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well its a very good pencil drawing...I won't hear the word attempt!!!! Back to the gravestones in the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful markers & mark-making! Your gentle touches of pencil & pensiveness are equally subtle. I feel sure Thoreau would approve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful markers & mark-making! Your gentle touches of pencil & pensiveness are equally subtle. I feel sure Thoreau would approve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes yes a quote, i agree with you completely.
    i think sometimes my drawing itself isnt really important, but i just want to "say" something through it.

    ReplyDelete