I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life. Dr.Seuss

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Teacher(s)

Dr. Le Sieg is a very clever man. He had splendid recommendations for me during our last session.  I am very grateful for it.
“You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in”, he told me when I entered his office.
And we talked a lot. Actually he talked. I listened carefully trying to remember his wise words.
“I'm sorry to say so but, sadly it's true that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you,” he paused for a moment and than he called his assistent. 


She said that in our wireless society we are missing real contact with the world around us and she wired me with this genius device. After some time and many many sparks "dancing" between me and the wires  (I really have no idea how long I was standing in the cage-like apparatus) I realized I was again recharged  with a new fresh energy.
“You are you. Now, isn't that pleasant?” dr. Le Sieg told me when I entered his office again. I nodded agreeably. “You are the guy who'll decide where to go.” 
When we shook our hands in farewell he said these unforgettable words: “From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.”

There was nothing but really nothing (or nobody) to hold me at home. I decided to go.  I travelled through many countries. I have seen many beautiful landscapes and villages and I met many wonderful people and I enjoyed a lot of fun. I have seen some fairy-tail tree houses. And so finally I came into the country where I found scattered memories of my childhood. I tried to sweep them up into this drawing knowing that it is impossible to put all of the memories on one piece of paper......


I visited places that has been completely changed, I have seen places that has been barely different since  my childhood but all memories are deeply etched in the grey mass. We (and our memories) are not only formed  by our loved ones in our neighborhood or teachers in the school. The birds, the sky, trees, stones and rivers teach us too but also animals, mountains, winds and fairy tales  ....... and Theo Le Sieg of course!!

.......


I conclude this post with a quote of my therapist :
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room."


...........



“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”



7 comments:

  1. Wise words, and such a beautiful, rich, layered--and I love the fish/people motif.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. How was nurse Ratched doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good, you have returned, and just as funny as ever. Did your artichoke head bloom while in the spark machine? Glad it re-charged you for your journey.





    ReplyDelete
  4. But I wonder about the drawing. Your childhood seems scary to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a few thousand volts to jog the memory!.....At least you remembered that serious people are waiting patiently next to their computer screens waiting for the next enlightenment from the one and only Artichoker!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And here's to more good days and more great art from The one and only Artichoke. :) Missed your posts.

    I am off to eat some green eggs.

    ReplyDelete