I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life. Dr.Seuss

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter !




Typically decorated Easter eggs from Moravia.  A batik (wax resist) process is used to create intricate, brilliantly colored eggs, the other ones are made from gingerbread dough decorated with mixture of sugar and egg-white (and the cookies on the picture as well)
And if you like to have fun go to Moravia: Moravians  have a tradition of gathering eggs by gaining them from the females in return of whipping them with a pony-tail shaped whip made out of fresh willow branches. Some guys use branches up to 2 m long !!

Happy Easter !

9 comments:

  1. Happy East AIJ, This is an interesting post and beautiful egg designs.Thanks for your message!! (I didn't feel comfortable with my post..so I removed it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I know such things, I did it, too)

      Delete
    2. Oh, so that's what happened to the stack of heads under the rainbow.

      Delete
  2. Nice decorations, they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do not only look yummy, they ARE yummy! :)


      Delete
  3. Oh that's nothing; Krampus has been whipping children with branches for centuries.

    Those eggs are beautiful, makes me want to try some egg batiking myself.

    Happy Easter, Master Jokken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ted, happy E to you, too( but in meanwhile it is already over)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. you should! They taste pretty good! (cookies , I mean)

      Delete