I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life. Dr.Seuss

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Encyclopaedia Artichokistania (3)



Very common in the darkest beech woods. The short hairy leaves often have very
different shape and color. The plant is called mouth-eye-herb because
the flowers resemble the mouths and the leaves the eyes. Flowering through whole
summer. As medicinal herb used for eye disease and / or bad breath.

(Eye-shaped leaves are blinking
 when you are in sight)

6 comments:

  1. Ooooooo! I love this!! Wicked humour and wonderful detail...reminiscent of Lewis Caroll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, humor is a necessary ingredient in our life (wicked or not) ;)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I agree with Claire; this piece is wonderful. But I'm thankful for your post, so I know about this plant, in case I run across one in my travels. Otherwise I might be frightened by its gaze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Ted! You never know who's watching you. :)

      Delete