I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life. Dr.Seuss

Saturday, August 21, 2010

21 august 1968

Photo: Josef Koudelka 
This is probably most fascinating picture taken by Josef Koudelka, in Prague in 1968, just before the Soviet Union invaded.  To demonstrate the emptiness of the streets at noon, Koudelka photographed his wristwatch into the scene of Vaclavske namesti (Wenceslas Square).  Just a few weeks ago I bought his book Invasion 68. 
On this day, exactly 42 years ago, my parents were painting the walls in our living-room. I was a little boy but  I remember  my mom turned white and her eyes showed a fear while listening to the radio: "They are here. That's very bad."  I had no idea what was going on at that time....


Beautiful book for everybody who loves B&W documentary photography. More info about this book and more pictures you can find here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment