I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life. Dr.Seuss

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dead Nature

Still life developed as a separate category in the Netherlands in the last quarter of the 16th century and the English term derives from stilleven: still life, which is a calque while Romance languages (and Russian) tend to use terms meaning dead nature.

So one autumn day I tried to take a photograph in the spirit of great Dutch and Flemish painters. Just for fun, just to try things. (it is not my cup of thee but you can learn of it) 

3 comments:

  1. i like trying things too.
    such as drawing silly things.
    and learning how to deal with life.
    love life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once painted "dead flowers" abstract.
    http://sungheereginahong.blogspot.com/2010/09/abstract-3-dead-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies!

    @Sung-Hee (Regina) Hong: I once photographed dead flowers......not abstractly, but vividly. Stay tuned, I will post it soon....(when I find the file!)
    :)

    ReplyDelete