journey
The Conference of the Birds
The Conference of the Birds is a book of poems in Persian by Farid ud-Din Attar. The poem uses a journey by a group of 30 birds, led by a hoopoe.The story recounts the longing of a group of birds who desire to know the great Simorgh, and who, under the guidance of a leader bird, start their journey toward the land of Simorgh. One by one, they drop out of the journey, each offering an excuse and unable to endure the journey.
Dramatic and Dreamy at the same time!
ReplyDeleteLovely story, great multilayered image.
ReplyDeleteHeisann!
ReplyDeleteThis book 'sounds' interesting!
And your illustrating is like the ones I hoped my students would made for their Gallery Noir.
The art was meant to be watch by hand lights/flashlight in a dark room. The viewer must discover 'new' objects when moving the light.
Wish you a happy Easter ;:OD)
Love the image. It's made more interesting with the story. Really like this one.
ReplyDeleteSo etheric and other-worldly. I love it.
ReplyDeletethis is a quick visit: a wonderful wonderful wonderful journey!
ReplyDeletei'll be back later, soon.
im in a hurry, my deadline almost killed me.
see you later, Sir!
beautiful and interesting story!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for all your comments. Actually I was not really satisfied with it, but I decided to post this illustration, because I knew, I have not enough time to finish it this week. But the story is indeed very intriguing and interesting.
ReplyDeletei love the globe for some reason.
ReplyDeletei can see the distance... and sometimes the greatest journey is the distance between two people, they say.