Typically decorated Easter eggs from Moravia. A batik (wax resist) process is used to create intricate, brilliantly colored eggs, the other ones are made from gingerbread dough decorated with mixture of sugar and egg-white (and the cookies on the picture as well)
And if you like to have fun go to Moravia: Moravians have a tradition of gathering eggs by gaining them from the females in return of whipping them with a pony-tail shaped whip made out of fresh willow branches. Some guys use branches up to 2 m long !!
Happy Easter !
-2.jpg)

Happy East AIJ, This is an interesting post and beautiful egg designs.Thanks for your message!! (I didn't feel comfortable with my post..so I removed it.)
ReplyDelete(I know such things, I did it, too)
DeleteOh, so that's what happened to the stack of heads under the rainbow.
DeleteNice decorations, they look yummy!
ReplyDeletethey do not only look yummy, they ARE yummy! :)
DeleteOh that's nothing; Krampus has been whipping children with branches for centuries.
ReplyDeleteThose eggs are beautiful, makes me want to try some egg batiking myself.
Happy Easter, Master Jokken!
Thanks Ted, happy E to you, too( but in meanwhile it is already over)
DeleteI'm going to try this next Easter!
ReplyDeleteyou should! They taste pretty good! (cookies , I mean)
Delete