I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life. Dr.Seuss

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The best thing about animals is that they don't talk much

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.
Alfred A. Montapert
An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language. 

Martin Buber

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. 

Anatole France

6 comments:

  1. I choose M Buber's phrase. and I know from personal experience.
    I have cried many times to see what some of my dogs told me just before he died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your dog, Rober. Their eyes tell everything.
    yes, eye contact is an important part of any relationship ( animals or humans) I remember also quite a few events with animals I will never forget.....
    But how many people DO NOT SEE even with their eyes open?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i used to have a cat once upon a time.
    he and i were like best friends.
    one day i moved to a new house.
    my Cat disappeared a day later.
    i cried alot.
    i thought my Cat died or something terrible happened to him.
    but i had never stopped looking for my Cat.
    until one evening, one week later, i found him in front of my old empty house.
    i didnt even know why i looked for him back to my old house.
    just followed my instinct, i guess.

    some years later my Cat died.
    sometimes i go back to my old house.
    not to look for my Cat.
    just to remember by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing you story, SfTD!

    ReplyDelete