I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life.
Dr.Seuss
Thursday, April 2, 2015
A Great Balancing Act (Balance1)
“So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you'll move mountains.”
Thank you, Rene for your comment. We can look at balance from different angles and that's what attract me. It is a challenge. Of course, for everybody means a balance something completely different - and there are many possible interpretations.... somebody is - physically - able to balance on the narrow ladder but mentally could be out of balance...... you have color balance .... balance of shapes in a drawing... our behavior on the earth...is it in balance with all our natural resources? In balance with our CONSCIENCE?.. see " MAN "video on my blog..... balance ? (or lack of balance ?) Sometimes it is difficult for me to find balance between the form and the narrative in my art work - isn't it too cryptic, unclear for the audience or did I make it too obvious? To find "the right balance" is not easy....
Theodore Giesel can't be wrong. In the rendering I see a person effortlessly lifting something, and black and white help him in the balance. It is very comforting.
Dr. Seuss, my lifelong guru:) An interesting series. I enjoy the bold elements in the work, and the impermanent feel to the medium-chalk that may be smudged or blown away.
I don't see the balancing, but it's a nice abstract painting anyway.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Rene for your comment. We can look at balance from different angles and that's what attract me. It is a challenge. Of course, for everybody means a balance something completely different - and there are many possible interpretations.... somebody is - physically - able to balance on the narrow ladder but mentally could be out of balance...... you have color balance .... balance of shapes in a drawing... our behavior on the earth...is it in balance with all our natural resources? In balance with our CONSCIENCE?.. see " MAN "video on my blog..... balance ? (or lack of balance ?)
ReplyDeleteSometimes it is difficult for me to find balance between the form and the narrative in my art work - isn't it too cryptic, unclear for the audience or did I make it too obvious? To find "the right balance" is not easy....
Interesting response, LT. (And as far as asymmetrical composition balance--I think you hit the bull's eye!)
ReplyDeletethanks, it was my intention to make this as balanced as possible... composition and colors....
DeleteTheodore Giesel can't be wrong. In the rendering I see a person effortlessly lifting something, and black and white help him in the balance. It is very comforting.
ReplyDeleteTheodore knew he was talking about.... I only guess.....
DeleteDr. Seuss, my lifelong guru:) An interesting series. I enjoy the bold elements in the work, and the impermanent feel to the medium-chalk that may be smudged or blown away.
ReplyDelete